Click column header to sort
This role would ideally be suited to an experienced engineer with recent analogue and mixed-signal CMOS design experience looking for a new challenge. You should have the potential to lead future new custom designs working with both internal and external subcontractors.
Personal development opportunities will be available throughout our global international organisation for high performers.
Responsible for the surface preparation of various Aerospace Composite component parts prior to the painting operation.
- Candidate will need to work with a series of hand tools to help create the required surface, as per the specified process.
- Preparation of a variety of parts
- Ensure work is carried out within allocated time and with the correct materials.
Responsible for Edge Sealing of machined composite aerospace components.
- Safely using Resins
- Mixing correct ratios
- Recording and monitoring material life
- Maintaining product traceability
- Edge sealing of all components
- Interpreting engineering drawings
Responsible for programing, setting and operating CNC milling machines.
- Loading and Unloading Machining fixtures
- Setting our range of Five Axis and Three Axis Machines
- Using measuring equipment such as micrometres, Vernier’s, plug gauges, screw gauges, ring gauges
- Carrying out regular Maintenance and Cleaning of Machines and Tools.
- Good understanding of CNC Programming
- A good understanding of drawings and geometric tolerances
- Good understanding of component drawings
- Fanuc Controller experience would be beneficial
Operating the autoclaves, ensuring bagging is at required quality standard, loading and unloading of the autoclave, demoulding of parts from tools, preparing mould tools for manufacturing.
- Loaded and unloaded the Autoclave curing tools and to the correct standard and in an efficient and timely manner.
- Connecting vacuum lines and thermocouples, checking vacuum levels and bagging standards on every tool prior to launching the cure program.
- Selecting the correct Autoclave Program for the jobs.
- Monitoring the cure programs and taking appropriate action in case of any issues.
- Job Card to be completed, signed and stamped for every job once cure is completed.
- Demoulding of parts from tools after curing, taking care not to damage the job or the tool.
- Cleaning and preparing of mould tools in accordance with tooling maintenance plan
In this role you will:
- Establish relationships and deliver an effective and efficient service to internal/external customers and suppliers. Resolve supplier quality, serviceability and performance related issues
- Select suppliers (benchmark, negotiate and qualify) in accordance with Teledyne e2v’s strategy and the overall business goals
- Leverage category and market knowledge to select and chose relevant suppliers capable of delivering products and services with the best balance of cost/quality/services
- Define and lead sourcing strategy including the preparation of appropriate documentation for the competition process
- Establish interfaces with relevant functions across the business to ensure highest level of support and coordination to meet business needs and act as a point of escalation where operational managers cannot resolve disputes / service complaints
- Identify innovative solutions to drive continuous improvement cultures in all aspects of the procurement process both internally and externally
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Procurement strategy
- Manage contractual negotiation processes and methodology and execute the procurement strategy for categories, products and services including competitive benchmarking, supplier analysis, development, selection and aggregation of spend and pricing
- Develop strategic Suppliers to drive out costs and deliver savings and efficiencies year on year
- Experience of identifying cost reductions, implementing innovative action plans and strategies
Job Summary / Purpose of JobOversees all activities related to material planning and procurement, from intent to purchase through delivery in an efficiency and improvement-focused customer-oriented working environment
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure production schedule meets customer delivery while keeping low inventory
- Develop innovative ideas on Parts and WIP planning and control in order to increase supply chain flexibility at minimal incremental cost
- Calculate material requirements based on order demand, forecast analysis and safety stock/Kanban requirements.
- Issue all purchase orders, releases and rescheduling material for production needs.
- Track receipts, expedite and resolve supply issues.
- Maintain direct relationships with all suppliers to negotiate pricing, payment and supply terms for both direct and indirect purchases.
- Track inventory levels and consumption
- Contact potential suppliers, issuing “request for quote”, reviewing and evaluating quotes
- Maintain accurate item and vendor masters in MRP system
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of parts (where required)
- Work closely with Accounting, Inventory Control, Shipping/Receiving Manufacturing and Engineering to support material management flow.
- Maintain Quality and performance metrics, develop and execute on the corrective action plan accordingly.
- Represent materials on NPI teams in supporting alpha, beta and transition planning to production
- Ensure that reporting and communication processes established with key suppliers are effective and maintained
Additional duties and responsibilities
- Perform as team leader in assigned projects
- May be involved in Buyer mentoring or training as required
- May support Inventory Management team as required.
The basic duties and responsibilities describe the essential tasks and activities that are typical for an associate in this job. The above list is not intended as an exclusive list of work performed. Depending on the requirements of Teledyne Optech other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Reporting to the Trim Shop Supervisor, the role of Painter is to ensure all produced products are painted to the correct standards. Working with an established team within Trim Shop & Assembly, attention to detail and the ability to follow processes and procedures are essential. Training will be provided to the successful applicant.
- Taking components through the painting process
- Ensuring work is carried out within the allocated time and with the correct materials.
Reporting to the Clean Room Supervisor, the role of a Laminator is to ensure the correct lay-up of pre-impregnated glass/carbon into mould tools. Working within an established team in the Clean Room area, attention to detail and the ability to follow processes and procedures are essential. Full training will be provided to the successful applicant.
- The manufacture of Composite Aerospace parts within the Clean Room. All parts must be completed within the required specifications and instructions.
- Compliance to all Health & Safety measures within the Clean Room and the wider organisation.
- Completion of all jobs within the specified time scale’s.
- Ensure delivery of tools, material kits and consumables are correct and to the required standard.
- Ensuring cleanliness, organisation and maintenance of own work area and wider Clean Room area.
Reporting to the Assembly Supervisor, the role of an Assembly Operator is to counter-sink, wet assemble rivets and other hardware using a variety of hand and machine tools. Working with an established team within the Assembly department, high levels of attention to detail and the ability to accurately follow processes and procedures are essential. Full training will be provided to the successful applicant.
- Working to close tolerances.
- Interpreting of technical drawings.
- Good eye for detail & a good level of manual dexterity.
- Working alone and as part of a team.
- Compliance to all Health & Safety measures within the department and the wider organisation.
- Completion of jobs within the specified time scales.
- Ensuring cleanliness, organisation and maintenance of own work area and wider shop floor.
We are hiring a contract Business Impact Assessor to join our Business Continuity project team for a 3 month period. You will work alongside Production Engineers and R & D Engineers and report directly to the Project Manager. Your main tasks will include,
- Defining and documenting all threats which could occur in different areas of the manufacturing process.
- Documenting all the incidents, of varying severity, that could result from threat impact.
- Devising and documenting the appropriate mitigation activities to reduce the effect of every incident to As Low As Reasonably Possible (ALARP).
- Producing an estimate of a Return To Operation time for each mitigation activity.
- Be accountable for the Gross Margin of Professional Imaging business (TEPI)
- Contribute to the annual updates of the business strategy of TEPI
- Drive and Manage TEPI Business Operations throughout the several locations : France, Spain, Asia & North America, with activities related to Customer Service, Pricing, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, Test and Process Development, Industrialization and Product Management.
- Propose and implement right transformation model to insure competitiveness of our services business model to our internal and external customers (including lean inventory management and process change in New Product Introduction, Supply Chain and Manufacturing)
- Lead pricing processes in close relationship with Marketing and Sales teams
- Drive investment in industrial equipment to execute the strategy of TEPI
- Define and implement the service offer value proposition, and support sales in the development of the business, through direct relationships with key customers
- Foster ambition and motivation of the teams by sharing business successes
Responsabilités de levée de financement R&D pour deux lignes de produits – Conversion de données (SPS) et Produits digitaux (DPS).
- Levée de financement R&D pour deux lignes de produits, la ligne SPS de conversion de données tels que des ADCs et DACs très hautes fréquences, et les produits numériques de la ligne DPS tels que les microprocesseurs et les modules processeurs et mémoires intégrées.
- Développement actif d’un réseau de contacts et de relations régulières avec tous les organismes pertinents de financement de l’innovation.
- Veille proactive permanente sur les filières de financement de l’innovation.
- Contribution à la construction de la stratégie produits en représentant en amont les attentes des organismes financeurs de l’innovation, et en apportant une contribution à la définition d’une offre de produits différentiée au sein de l’équipe marketing.
- L’entreprise attend un fort taux de succès sur la soumission de dossiers de financement bien sélectionnés, de l’ordre de 80%.
Responsabilités d’ingénierie d’affaires conversion de données
- Elaboration d’offres commerciales NRE (Non Recurrent Engineering ) pour la ligne de produits SPS lorsque l’équipe de vente sollicite la demande de cotation d’un projet spécifique pour un client. Taux de succès attendu de l’ordre de 80%.
Accountabilities for R&D funding for two product lines – Data conversion and Digital products..
- R&D funding to be raised for two product lines, the SPS data converter product line and the DPS Digital product line which includes products such as microprocessors and processor&memory modules.
- Expected success rate : 80% of submitted bids.
- To develop regular relationships and a strong network of contacts with all potential funding entities.
- Continuously seek for innovation funding possibilities.
- Contribute to the product strategy by representing the expectations of innovation funding organizations, and by contributing to a differentiated product roadmap.
Accountabilities related to bid management for the data conversion business.
- Build NRE proposals for the data conversion business when the sales team raises a qualified opportunity.
- Expected success rate : 80% of submitted bids.
- Establish a sales plan for your geographic territory by working with the Regional Sales Managers at both Teledyne CARIS and Teledyne Optech. Achieve the defined order and revenue targets through the sale of CARIS software products and services, and Optech Lidar and imaging sensor systems.
- Acquire new client accounts, while developing new business with existing accounts through remote communication and on-site visits.
- Support sales through distributors, and pursue sales directly with customers.
- Analyze customer requirements, respond to technical inquiries and provide technical information, and conduct product demonstrations to support new sales and the upgrade of existing products.
- Make recommendations and convey market intelligence to improve company products.
- Perform accurate and regular forecasting for products and services, help to meet objectives defined through Key Performance Indicators, and keep the Regional Sales Managers for your territory informed through regular reporting and communication.
- Respond to distributor and customer requests for quotations and proposals in a timely manner, and coordinate with Customer Service for technical issues / field problems to be addressed efficiently to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate with the Marketing, Product Management and the Inside Sales teams to ensure sales growth for new and existing product offerings. Help promote all company products and services to reach business unit targets.
- Attend industry conferences and tradeshows, conduct promotional workshops, and deliver presentations to establish product value.
- Use the CRM to manage client information and sales opportunities efficiently.
In this role you will:
- Ensure that work assigned to you is completed on time, within budget and to a high quality
- Mentor more junior team members on machining techniques, tools and work practices.
- Demonstrate competent knowledge with respect to machining capability/limitations (DFM), Interpretation of engineering drawings, material selection etc. providing advice where required.
- Identify innovative solutions to drive continuous improvement.
- Have knowledge of and adherence to safe working practices in line with HSE policy, Risk Assessment and COSHH procedures.
- Maintain and demonstrate effective interfaces with Engineering, Project Management to ensure highest level of support for ‘Fast track’ business needs.
- Understand and use the business system that manages the workflow and allocation of work to them.
- Complete time bookings on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate the ability to manufacture Jigs, Fixture and Development components to a very high standard in exotic materials.
- Demonstrate knowledge and practical understanding of all Machine tools and their application.
- Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental (OHSE). The role holder is also responsible and must:-
- Champion our Health and Safety standards, procedures and company rules;
- Intervene, correct (where able to) and report all unsafe or non-compliant situations by taking action (e.g. hazard spots) and reporting near misses;
- Demonstrate a duty of care towards those you come in contact with and work with and proactively escalate potential Health and Safety issues as and where appropriate;
- Support and promote the e2v Safety, Health and Environment Leadership Team (SHELT) programme to strengthen our Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental (OHSE) culture for proactive and continuous improvement of our OHSE programs which provide for a productive and safe working environment.
- Assurer l’industrialisation (documentaire, technique, normative) des procédés en collaboration avec les équipes engineering, production et support/méthode.
- Piloter et animer le processus d’industrialisation, participer à son amélioration continue
- Participer à l’animation du processus de gestion des modifications
- Prendre en charge la rédaction des documents de fabrication (PID, Contrôle plan, revue d’industrialisation). Certains documents étant à rédiger en Anglais.
- Animer et coordonner les AMDEC procédés et machines.
- Participer aux audits internes et externes
- Analyser les rendements process et piloter les actions d’amélioration qui auront été identifiées afin de nous permettre de respecter nos engagements qualité.
- Identifier les dysfonctionnements et les besoins d'évolution en termes de Qualité-Coût-Délai, proposer les actions correctives et superviser leur mise en œuvre.
- Participer à l’optimisation des coûts de production dès les phases de développement et industrialisation.
- Participer à la rationalisation de nos procédés
In this position, you will be involved with the following:
• Monitor UK/EU Customs Community Directives, aligning Teledyne business processes to comply with changing requirements, including trusted trader programs such as AEO approval/compliance.
• Work as facilitator with Teledyne import specialists/administrators, providing assistance and guidance where necessary.
• Works on a dotted-line reporting basis with the Teledyne Corporate International Trade Compliance (CITC) group to assist with investigations of any incidences of purported non-compliance with customs laws and regulations, provide regular reports of significant trade compliance activities and risks, assist with various customs compliance projects, and implement relevant CITC directives.
• Work closely the Teledyne import specialists/administrators to understand and classify products and raw materials with the appropriate Harmonized System (HS) product classifications to comply with import & export regulations.
• Coordinate and manage post-entry amendments of trade transactions.
• Hold regular conference calls with regional import specialists/administrators to ensure information associated with global import compliance is communicated, fully understood and key initiatives implemented.
• Perform audits and work with Teledyne import specialists/administrators to develop a consistent measurable audit program to ensure compliant processes and compliant behavior.
• Develop and deploy quality import training material and provide functional training to personnel at business unit level.
• Develop and deploy standardized policies, processes and best practices on customs compliance to ensure compliance with customs and other applicable government agency’s regulations worldwide.
• Identify potential areas of import compliance vulnerability and risk within the organization; and work to appropriately evaluate, investigate and resolve or mitigate potential risk.
• Conduct import audits and consult with Teledyne CITC and Corporate Legal as needed to resolve any legal compliance issues.
• Assist with investigation and drafting of voluntary disclosures to HMRC.
• Assist with acquisition due diligence as it relates to customs compliance.
• In coordination with CITC, review and make recommendations relating to issuance of certificates of origin relating to preferential duty programs
• Provide all facilities with official updates issued by HMRC (tariff changes. etc.)
• Monitor and set KPI’s on Teledyne UK’s chosen freight agents
• Audit chosen freight agents at least once per annum
• Provide performance reviews to direct supervisors for all import administrators and set compliance targets
• Provide Import and export administrator function for IT shared services and others as required
• Work with Finance shared services to provide information and support on import VAT and Customs Bank Guarantees
• Conduct physical visits to all Teledyne sites within the UK with importing or exporting activity at least once per year. Additional travel to other Teledyne sites in the US or Europe may be required on occasion.
- Assurer le support process à la production pour les procédés de fabrication utilisés dans l’atelier afin de minimiser le temps de cycle de production et de garantir l’atteinte des objectives qualités.
- Travailler de façon collaborative avec les ingénieurs de développement des procédés.
- Participer à la mise en production des nouveaux produits et procédés, et garantir la disponibilité des informations et moyens de production en fin d’industrialisation.
- Gérer les consommables et outillages, ainsi que le budget associé.
- Dépanner les outillages de production.
- Rédiger ou mettre à jour les documents de formation et procédures internes liées aux process supervisés.
- Former les opérateurs au poste et coordonner/former les opérateurs postés ayant la mission de support 1er Niveau.
- Assurer l’amélioration continue, réduire les coûts de non qualité dans son UAP et participer aux processus AMDEC, SPC et Fiches d’incidents.
- Participer ponctuellement à la production en cas de pics de charge. o..
Stage optimisation et sécurisation des données de fabrication au poste de travail et du suivi des ordres de fabrication (herbiers et journaux de bord)
LES MISSIONS / CADRE DU STAGE
Au sein de l’Equipe Support Applications Business, le stagiaire aura pour mission de développer de nouvelles solutions et/ou d’améliorer des outils existants et de documenter les solutions mises en œuvre sur les thèmes suivants:
- Amélioration, simplification et sécurisation des données exploitées par les opérateurs au poste de travail durant l’avancement des opérations de production (données présentes dans les herbiers Excel hors SAP ),
- Amélioration, simplification et sécurisation des données de traçabilité (données saisies dans les journaux de bord Excel provenant en grande partie de SAP).
The Trade Show and Administration Coordinator reports to the Manager of Tradeshow and Event Operations and is responsible for working collaboratively with colleagues in the marketing and sales organization to plan and execute selected international tradeshows and events. Additionally, this person will assist the Manager of Tradeshow and Event Operations with international tradeshows.
*This is a contract position
- Contracting national and international shows, processing paperwork and completing show order forms
- Maintaining adequate inventory of tradeshow supplies, packing and shipping exhibit materials to shows, and receipt/inventory of returned merchandise
- Requesting print materials and show signage from the graphic design team
- Support post show reviews and producing reports summarizing show results
- Maintaining a regularly updated tradeshow calendar and managing task lists and deadlines for each tradeshow in MS Project
- Processing purchase orders for show services
- Processing invoices for payment (A/P)