Teledyne Relays (a business unit of Teledyne Technologies, Inc.), employing about 500 associates, manufacturing Electromechanical/Solid State Relays and Power Controllers, High Power Coax Switches and RF Switching Systems. The primary manufacturing facilities are located in the United States and Mexico. We are a vertically orientated manufacturing and design company with major operations in Southern California.
We are looking to add a temporary entry level Product Finisher 1 to our Clean Room to clean, bake and seal relays, headers and components using ultrasonic cleaning equipment, vacuum ovens and sealers.
• Will need to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, inform Supervisor/Lead
• Required to work well in a team/group environment in solving issues that arise
• Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks, always keeping safety and quality protocols in mind
• Take the initiative to strive for continuous knowledge and skills building by listening to others' ideas or instruction given, asking the right questions, participating in meetings, providing feedback as needed.
• Must show respect to others, and promote/maintain a harassment free environment, work ethically and with integrity to support the organization's goals and values
• Learn to utilize time effectively, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in your work for a quality product that will meet, if not exceed, production standards. Take ownership of assignments.
• Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment, and react well under pressure (keep emotions in control). Demonstrate good attendance
Other non-essential duties may apply
• Must have a High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Minimum 6 months - 1 year of previous related experience/training
• Must be able to work with small parts, work well with a microscope and be able to use hand tools like tweezers, wrenches, alignment gauges, hammer, scissor clamping handles.
• Must be able to apply common sense to read, understand and interpret drawings/procedures
• Must have good oral and written communications skills to keep Lead/Supervisor informed of progress and issues
• Must have good eye-hand coordination
• Will work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature. Will receive general instructions on routine assignments and detailed instructions on new assignments.
• Will occasionally need to stand/walk/talk/reach with hands and arms/stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl/ push, pull/visually distinguish colors/carry or lift 10-24 lbs/work near moving mechanical parts/be exposed to vapors, fumes, airborne particles or possible chemicals.
• Will frequently need to hear/ work in a wet or humid environment or be in contact with moving mechanical equipment
• Will continuously be required to sit/use hands to handle or feel/need to use close vision
• Candidate must be a U.S. person.
NOTE: Relocation is not offered as part of the position listed above.
Teledyne Reynolds, Inc., dba Teledyne Relays, may at its discretion modify or add further job duties not currently listed in this job general description.
HOW TO APPLY:
External qualified applicants apply directly at the Teledyne Career Center at http://www.teledynecareers.com. Refer to requisition#2019-8647, Product Finisher 1 - Clean Rm, location: Hawthorne, CA.
TELEDYNE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex including sexual orientation & gender identity/expression, national origin, citizenship, disability including pregnancy, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law.
Teledyne does participate in E-Verify and upholds the Pay Transparency Policy.
If you require reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please inform Human Resources at (323) 777-0077.
Learn more about us. Visit us at www.teledynerelays.com.