Teledyne e2v in Chelmsford is the largest commercial employer in the City employing over 800 people. The site generates world-leading technology critical for mankind, including vital components for radio-therapy machines, and the imaging devices used in ground-breaking space missions.
Teledyne e2v is undergoing a profound and positive transformation. We are a growing business, making significant investments in our capabilities and facilities. Teledyne employs c10,000 people worldwide and the Chelmsford facility is one of the largest, hosting multiple business units and functions. There is a lot of complexity and legacy developed over our 71 years, and our business is transforming for our successful future.
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead the site’s facilities team: someone who can drive change and improvement, enabling every person to achieve more through the delivery of safe and efficient workplace environments and services, fostering collaboration, inspiration and productivity. This role will be part of the Services Team that supports the Business Units directly by managing Facilities, procurement of supporting services (i.e. sub-contract activities service contracts) and site Health, Safety and Environmental support.
If you share our passion, thrive on big challenges with broad impact and want to join a team taking the businesses and site to a whole new level, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you!
The person we are looking for is a flexible person who can easily move between responding to daily issues and longer term planning for the facilities at the Chelmsford site. Someone who can manage the assurance of highly hazardous and regulated activities, whilst also empowering their team to deliver safety and efficiency improvements.
· Degree/HND/HNC in Engineering, Construction/Project Management or relevant experience
· Experience in successfully managing skilled craftspersons, team leaders, engineers and project managers
· Willingness and capability to travel and to work on multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong communications (written and verbal) skills
· Demonstrated experience in negotiations and influencing skills
· Resilience and strong relationship management skills
· Ability to identify, retain, coach, and develop future Teledyne e2v leaders
· Ability to operate a sound organisational structure and clearly define roles for team members
· Ability to motivate, influence, and gain team buy-in behind global or regional Teledyne e2v initiatives and strategies
· 5-10 years of experience in management/leadership role in an operationally oriented line of business (engineering/facilities)
· Experience managing real estate and facilities functions is essential, notably in highly hazardous/regulated environments
· Managed a highly vendor leveraged organisation
· Demonstrated ability to rationalise direct versus vendor roles and drive efficient management process to ensure vendor performance