Uses measuring and diagnostic tools to inspect, test and modify electronic boards and assemblies, reporting and recording test results, performing subsystem acceptance testing and participate in system integration and debug at Teledyne Optech facilities and customer locations in a positive and professional manner. Ensures components, boards, modules and systems meet established specifications. Familiar with the company’s practices, and procedures related to products worked on. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under minimal supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- System Power-up - Specific tasks to a product.
- System Functional Test- Specific tasks to a product.
- System Calibration- Specific tasks to a product.
- System Level Alignment/Hardware Calibration. Ability to complete tasks under general supervision.
- System Full Functional and Characterization
- Provide in-house service, maintenance, and upgrades to Teledyne Optech survey systems
- Provide field service to Teledyne Optech survey products customers; Investigate customer issues by using expertise of internal resources experienced in the problem area; Use information gathered to provide practical solutions to all hardware service issues
- Perform board and system level test on the company’s survey systems; Troubleshoot and repair systems that fail test and operations; Perform subsystem acceptance testing using approved procedures; Issue calibration sheets; Revise, correct, and modify test procedures, test equipment and test facilities;
- Interact and communicate with all parties to resolve test issues; Provide timely, relevant information to supervisor and co-workers by effectively presenting ideas in formal or informal settings with or without preparation
- Perform domestic and international travel as needed to provide support by troubleshooting and repairing systems at Teledyne Optech and at Teledyne Optech’s customers wherever they may be located across the world. Arrange travel while remaining within corporate guidelines. Be available for occasional “on-call” for in-house work at Teledyne Optech and “call-back “and be available to provide service during the evenings and weekends
- Prepare required internal reports and external field reports. Complete all internal reports required and send to appropriate departmental parties for action.
- Ensure tool kits are organized, in functioning order and ready; Arrange and maintain common tools according to standards and protocols set; Follow all health and safety instructions and procedures
- Conduct system operational testing and troubleshooting for airborne and mobile LiDAR and camera products
- Participate in software, hardware and firmware testing by planning and executing out survey operations activities on mobile drives and airborne flights.
- Create effective and efficient flight plans for airborne sensors which maximize the capabilities of the technology
- Conduct lab integration and test activities in advance of field verification tests
- Download data post-survey operations activities and ensure that issues are reported and followed up on
- Install and configure hardware, firmware and software as required according to standard operating procedures
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting expertise to client base
- Gather, report, and communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Capture and escalate system enhancements requests to appropriate product managers.
Regular Working Environment:
The regularly scheduled work-week consists of 37.5 hours worked Monday through Friday in addition to regularly scheduled stand-by and occasional call-back to provide assistance after hours and weekends. The position also requires incumbents to be available and flexible to adjust work schedules, to work overtime, to work staggered shifts and to travel internationally to customer sites on short notice over extended periods of time to provide service and fully support our customer requirements.