Overview of Role:
The RF Power Production Engineering team provides engineering resources to support Operational performance and major product development projects; from design through to engineering build and production support, to end of life of product. The team provides full product lifecycle support including prototype design & build, development and integration of processes and build documentation, and full production build through to post sales/field support for both new & existing product portfolios.
This role is within Engineering (as part of the Marine Magnetron support team) and will bring with it the flexibility to work across all product ranges within RF Power (when required), contributing to the strategic growth of the business, delivering consistent capability and improved capacity to our manufacturing processes..
They will ensure that all manufacturing configuration controls are in place and up to date through the life of the product, report to the customer on technical issues and assist the Operations facility. The main focus of the role will be to deliver continuous improvement opportunities directly impacting the profitability of RF Power and to educate their peers in lean manufacturing philosophies.
The Senior Production / Process Engineer will drive a proactive approach to right first time quality to promote growth, will enhance the reputation of the business through exceptional quality standards and contribute towards a significant reduction in overall manufacturing costs.
- Work with manufacturing and supply teams on all issues and problems of a technical nature, driving these to full root cause with sustainable corrective actions in place.
- Develop mid to long range improvement plans for both product and process, working with the relevant stakeholders
- Write and review process FMEA & control plans and complete Risk Assessments, close the loop on identified actions.
- Assist manufacturing in creating balanced lines with the flexibility to change dependant on the production requirements.
- Involvement in the analysis of new and existing designs to ensure DFM & DFA criteria is met.
- Plan and control the execution of manufacturing change from concept to production acceptance for process improvements and trials through permits, concessions, SWI’s etc.
- Identification and preparation of CAPEX justifications when required, with full detailing of specifications and ROI for each application; followed after installation with cost benefit realisation.
- Review, update, write and clear and concise work instructions (SOP’s) for use by the Operations area.
- Create and update configuration control documents and all product manufacturing standard times.
- Support Sales with the preparation of data for customer and project bids.
- Investigate document and report faults with customer owned products. Implementing improvements to solve documented faults.
- Control the introduction of new parts and tools into the manufacturing environment.
- Manage the required activities through the relevant phase deliverable gate of the NPI process working with the BU Engineering and Project teams.
- To assist with the supply of pre-production parts and assemblies to the Project teams.
- Understand the lifecycle of all component types, their sources and lead-times.
- Challenge conventions in order to ensure continuous improvements, especially with regard to manufacturing cost and ease of manufacture.
- At all points during production process give manufacturing technical input.