Teledyne CARIS is the world’s leading developer of geospatial software for ocean mapping and marine information systems with its headquarters in Fredericton, Canada. We offer an integrated suite of software that specializes in processing sonar and LiDAR data, managing and analyzing large data sets, producing charts and maps, and serving data over the internet as well as other specialized needs. Our software is used by government agencies, defence organizations, commercial survey companies as well as the research and academic community.
As a technical expert in the field of hydrographic data processing, digital terrain modelling, bathymetric & topographic data management, engineering analysis, you are the main point of contact with our current and future customers, providing support over email, phone and online resources as well as trainings remote or onsite around the world. Working closely with colleagues from Teledyne Optech you will also become familiar and be exposed to the same tasks within the LiDAR survey industry.
Your main tasks & responsibilities:
To be successful in this role, you will have the following mind set:
The perfect candidate also brings one or several of the following:
• Knowledge of and working experience with hydrographic processing software, especially using the CARIS line of products;
• Experience with and knowledge of bathymetric LiDAR systems;
• Knowledge and working experience with RDBMS packages (Oracle / PostgreSQL);
• Knowledge of creating Self-Service / Knowledgebase content;
• Experience in the creation of e-Learning material;