This role provides a mechanical design and technical draughting service to the product groups, working concurrently with engineers, to design new products and enhance existing products and manufacturing equipment, to relevant company standards. This includes carrying out work as defined on change requests and creation of technical documentation for product data packages. Project work package management will be included as part of this role. They will form part of a mechanical design team that is situated within the RF Power Division. As well as leading work packages, this role will also be expected to support lead designers/Engineers in the design, development and delivery of components and systems within the RF Power division and other divisions if required.
Ownership and accountability
- Work closely with Product Group and other Engineering Personnel to design new and enhance existing products, and manufacturing equipment by applying Mechanical Design knowledge and skills.
- Generate and maintain Product Data Package documentation that accurately and efficiently embodies product design intent utilising 2D CAD and 3D solid modelling tools and other appropriate software.
- Produce designs that meet customer technical, quality and safety requirements and are capable of cost effective manufacture.
- Delivery of work packages within budget and to agreed timescales.
- Work with outside suppliers to design products/equipment, which meet the design specification and are capable of cost effective manufacture.
- Provide mentoring on Mechanical Design issues such as Solving Mechanical Design Problems, Interpretation of Engineering Drawings, Material selection, Stress and Thermal considerations, Design Concepts, Rapid Prototyping etc.
- Researching background information from a variety of sources in support of mechanical design decisions
- Timely action of engineering change requests in accordance with company procedures, and progress them through the design office to completion.
- Ensure that work packages assigned to you are completed on time and within budget.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in the field of Mechanical Design and MCAD and applying knowledge to develop new processes that will deliver process improvement.
- Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental (OHSE)
The role holder is also responsible for OHSE and must:-
- Champion our Health and Safety standards, procedures and company rules;
- Intervene, correct (where able to) and report all unsafe or non-compliant situations by taking action (e.g. hazard spots) and reporting near misses;
- Demonstrate a duty of care towards those you come in contact with and work with and proactively escalate potential Health and Safety issues as and where appropriate;
- Support and promote the e2v Safety, Health and Environment Leadership Team (SHELT) programme to strengthen our Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental (OHSE) culture for proactive and continuous improvement of our OHSE programs which provide for a productive and safe working environment.