This position requires the ongoing local development, implementation and management of the import and export compliance functions as it relates to the corporate import and export policies for the assigned locations. The role demands exceptional communication and collaboration skills, and a strong import and export trade expertise. The Trade Compliance Officer will support the locations in managing imports and exports, interacting with all of the various functional areas, the designated Trade Compliance Senior Managers for the assigned locations, and Teledyne’s Corporate International Trade Compliance (“CITC”) office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring effective import and export compliance at Teledyne Defence & Space and any other business units falling under their assigned scope, in accordance with domestic and foreign import and export laws and regulations and Teledyne Technologies corporate trade compliance policies and procedures.
- Ensure and support appropriate management accountability and responsibility for import and export compliance.
- Establish and maintain import and export compliance procedures and program documentation, including product export classification and regulatory jurisdiction; licensing and administration; denied party, proliferation and diversion screening; technology transfers; deemed exports; import and export documentation; anti-boycott reporting; trade data points including HTS classification, country of origin and FTA determination, valuation, etc.; broker and forwarder management; recordkeeping; audits and training.
- Prepare and submit license applications, international permits, technical assistance agreements and other request for licenses and approvals to the appropriate Government Agencies; administer export licensing program and ensure compliance with conditions and reporting requirements.
- Conduct licensing reviews for technology transfers, including marketing materials, proposals and engineering data; develop and maintain technology transfer programs in accordance with regulatory and license requirements.
- Act as import and export compliance liaison to sales representatives, distributors, customers and other third parties, as required.
- Review Customs entries for accuracy and compliance with customs regulations and CITC policies and procedures.
- Provide quarterly and yearly reporting of relevant trade compliance data to CITC.
- Conduct regular import and export compliance training for senior management, engineers, shipping, sales and marketing and other functions involved in import and exporting.
- Conduct periodic audits and self-audits and implement corrective action, as required.
- Assist Corporate Legal- International Trade Compliance Office with investigations of any incidences of purported non-compliance with import and export laws and regulations.
- Attend the Corporate International Trade Compliance annual conference
- Attend external third-party import and export training seminars as required
- Other trade compliance duties as assigned
- Flexible availability when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.