Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. General Service Desk function
- Answer telephone calls and troubleshoot, log, and resolve issues within the required service levels, speaking both English and French languages fluently.
- All calls/activities must be recorded in the service desk tool (ServiceNow).
- Resolve calls where possible on first contact with the client.
- Monitor all tickets and dispatch to local support personnel or required team to ensure timely resolution that meets service levels.
- Create Knowledge Base articles as repetitive issues arise to assist in increasing First Call Resolution rate.
2. Technical Service Desk function
- Provide telephone and remote IT support encompassing PCs, networking, printers, client applications and phones, and be first point of contact for all other issues.
- Provide high quality customer service, advice, and assistance to end users.
- Escalate urgent issues through the defined channels.
- Establish and maintain system user accounts and security authorisations in accordance with company policy and procedures.
3. Perform other operational duties as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be fluent in both English and French languages. Verbally and Written word.
- Must have efficient time management and multitasking capability; ability to identify the criticality and/or urgency of IT issues using business knowledge; ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- High attention to detail.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and directed with a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally (in person and over the phone) and written (emails and ticket documentation).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policies and procedures, reports, operating instructions, and manuals.
- Ability to troubleshoot and support familiar and unfamiliar systems and applications using existing knowledge or the ability to seek out necessary resources.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Technical skills in Microsoft Windows.
- Active Directory.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Virtualization tools such as VMWare.
- Good knowledge of current hardware technologies.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Physical and Mental Activities and Requirements
- Requires the ability to operate and interact with any computer for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to communicate with users over the telephone to determine IT issues, analyse complex problems, and troubleshoot solutions.