Since 1964, Teledyne Controls has been working closely with civil and military operators worldwide. The company counts over 300 airlines among its valued clients, including the world’s major carriers, and has been involved in a variety of government programs. Teledyne Controls also works directly with the aircraft manufacturers, supplying products to the major OEMs, such as Airbus and Boeing.
At Teledyne Controls, we built our name on intelligent solutions that collect, manage and deliver aircraft data more efficiently. Our innovative technology and collaborative customer relationships have revolutionized the way aircraft operators access, manage and utilize their data, helping them achieve higher goals in safety, performance and efficiency.
Our adaptable suite of products include Data Acquisition & Management Systems, Wireless Data Transfer Systems, Flight Data Analysis & Investigation Solutions, Data Loading Solutions and Aircraft Network Systems. Combined together, these products provide comprehensive data management solutions that leverage aircraft data intelligence and create value for our customers.
Regional Sales Director is responsible for the sale of our company’s products to a defined region, in this case Europe and the former CIS countries. They are the primary representation of our company to customers in that assigned territory with the mission to grow sales revenue by selling products and to provide guidance and direction to subordinate Regional Sales Managers.
This position can be located at either of the two Controls sites which are Cumbernauld, Scotland or West Drayton, England or we have the option of using one of the Teledyne UK sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Responsibility for growing the revenue in the sales territory, which is defined by a list of accounts in a geographic region
• Spend the majority of time with customers in their environment, learning their processes and developing ways that our products can positively impact those processes
• Calling on airline and OEM professionals and selling products to them that have a major impact on their operations
• Responsible for accurately forecasting orders and sales, utilizing our CFAR Salesforce tool, in your territory
• Participate in team meetings on the phone and in person on request
• Participate and support Business and Strategic Planning meetings at Teledyne Controls
• Participate and support Teledyne Controls bi-annual Users Conference
• Support active Sales Campaigns and Market Analysis as required
• Strictly adhere to and support departmental and company processes, roles and responsibilities
• Organize and support Exhibitions and Conferences in your territory
• Visit customers to create opportunities and present and demonstrate our products and services accordingly
• Oversee, manage and develop subordinate Sales Managers, providing experienced guidance and supervision to enable their autonomous account management and customer oversight within the region.
• Work cohesively and constructively with other departments and sales regions, inspiring Teamwork in support of company objectives beyond Personal Goals and those of the Sales Department.
• Support the introduction of new development products and business concepts at customers within the region.
• This position currently supervises 2 persons.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday within one hour plus/minus of 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work. Work hours may vary significantly to support communication with company headquarters in El; Segundo, CA, USA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Salesforce Proficiency.
Other Skills and Abilities
Public Speaking and presentation development is required. Language skills for assigned region is strongly preferred, but not required.
This position requires that office/site be located within the European region, preferably in the UK or Germany.