Teledyne ISCO is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of innovative products designed to increase productivity while improving the quality of life on our planet. Our standard and customized products are used across multiple sectors including: water and wastewater, pharmaceutical, academia, oil exploration, and reactant feed.
Manages the Asian Region sales channels for the Teledyne ISCO Group chromatography and pumps businesses, and Teledyne Hanson business. The Asian Region is defined as China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand. Responsible for driving profitable sales growth in the Asian Region. Assist the business by participating and providing insights of impact to the Asian Region related to product portfolio & life cycle, , , development of product strategies, definition of promotional activities, and product launch. Activities may include technical sales support; product advertising/promotion; planning, developing, and implementing multiple channel programs; and directing the development of company market requirements for specific product(s) or product line(s). Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function, and all other duties as assigned.
Develops and implements activities in sales/marketing to meet goals, quality and cost objectives. Selects, develops and leads personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the sales/marketing function and develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Prioritizes schedules based on multiple factors and customer requirements. Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Assignments tend to be of moderate complexity, diversification or expense. Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and process to meet goals outlined. Duties are performed under limited supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (other duties may be assigned):
· Manages the development, implementation, and management of a sales strategy plan for the assigned territory to drive toward the company’s sales and profitability goals.
· Participates in direct sales activities and is responsible for meeting order objectives.
· Manages channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
· Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
· Manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations to support and control sales program.
· Assigns sales territory to sales representatives.
· Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and assist in promoting sales.
· Performs frequent sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
· Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
· Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
· Recommends product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line.
· May represent company at trade association meetings to promote product.
· Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
· Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
· Recommends or approves budget, expenditures, and appropriations for research and development work.
· Establishes strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services, and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
· Develops and executes marketing programs to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share.
· Helps manage sales or marketing budget.
· Plans and oversees execution of promotional activities including print, electronic media, trade show, direct mail, point-of-purchase displays, and signage.
· Negotiates contract terms with outside agencies and suppliers. Communicates with outside advertising agencies on ongoing campaigns.
· Manages development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs.
· Plans and conducts market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
· Directs subordinates in the maintenance of customer database and approves the use of internal and external mailing lists.
· Reviews analysis of marketing surveys on current and new product concepts in order to recommend future product development.
· Provides post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing programs.
· Plans, promotes, and executes sales meetings and community and goodwill events.
· Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
· Interacts with subordinates and/or functional peer groups regarding exchange or presentation of information.
· Determines work schedules and overtime (if applicable) and allocation of resources and equipment. Resolves problems as they occur.
· Manages the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals.
· Confers with department supervisors or leads to determine status of assigned projects.
· Prepares reports.
· Identifies obstacles to achieving business goals and provides solutions or seeks assistance.
· Ensures the working environment is clean, organized and safe for employees at all times. Understands and ensures staff complies with all safety and environmental policies and practices.
· Works to avoid erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results that may cause scrap, rework, use of excessive overtime, and/or delays in schedules as it relates to the duties of this position.
· Prepares and presents budgetary recommendations.
· Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, outside customers, and functional peer groups at various management levels. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific project/schedules.
· Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
Education and/or Experience Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a related positions and 5-10 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.