Teledyne Optech is the world leader in the development and manufacture of advanced lidar and camera survey instruments for airborne, mobile and terrestrial mapping. With operations and staff worldwide, Teledyne Optech has led the advancement of the technology for 40 years, empowering surveyors, researchers, and government organizations with fast, accurate and cost-effective solutions.
This position owns order management throughout all phases of order execution for orders assigned. This includes proactively taking actions to minimize blocked orders and turnaround time by attending team meetings, identifying potential issues to the appropriate function for action, and escalating issues that cannot be resolved at the lowest level
Sales Order Management
• Receive and process all incoming PO’s and Quotes as per internal sales order acceptance criteria.
• Process contract approval’s and ensure that all orders are approved as per the contract approval guidelines.
• Ensure sales orders are created in BaaN in accordance with approved PO’s and Quotes.
• Facilitate order review meetings for high value, complex sales with a cross-functional team of finance, manufacturing, planning, product management and logistics.
• Drive the sales order process to ensure On-Time Delivery KPI’s are met.
• Anticipate issues that may delay the order and take appropriate actions to resolve in advance.
• Interact directly with the customer from the time of order acknowledgement, logistical approval, sales order status updates to final shipment of goods. This role is the central point of contact for all sales orders.
• Develop and maintain strong communication with finance team to ensure that invoicing and payment updates are current.
Internal Order Coordination
• Issue and track software as required.
• Update Customer Relationship Management tool with customer items owned and warranty contract information.
• Coordinate with Logistics team to ensure that all documentation is submitted and approved for outbound sales order shipments.
• Liaise with Trade Compliance to ensure that requirements are met prior to shipment.
• Follow up directly with customer on Trade-in Items.
• Minimum 3 years experience processing complex international sales orders.
• Project Coordination an asset.
• ERP experience in sales order.
• Strong understanding of terms and conditions, INCO terms, payment terms and customer relations.
• Cross-functional team experience in matrix organization.
• Ability to work independently and multi-task.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• MS office expertise in Outlook, Work, Excel and Powerpoint.
Teledyne Optech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.